June 1 2012
CoSIDA Board of Directors Monthly E-Newsletter: June 2012 edition
June 2012 Issue
emailed version of newsletter
Thank you for taking the time to read this month’s e-newsletter. Please link to the subheaders below which will take you to the different sections of the June 2012 e-newsletter where you can read more on each subject.
2012 CoSIDA Convention in St. Louis (June 23-26)
Continuing Education Sessions
National Organization Initiatives
Committee Based and Capital One Academic All-America® program info
Current CoSIDA Contests, Scholarship/Grant Programs
Strategic Branding/Marketing & Communications
Research/Survey Based News
Sponsorships and Convention Exhibitors
CoSIDA Membership for 2012-13 & Directory Information
Master Monthly Schedule
• The Convention takes place Saturday-Tuesday, June 23-26 at the Renaissance Grand Hotel.
Online hotel reservations CLOSED MAY 31; registration closes at 11:59 pm Eastern on JUNE 1. Register HERE. $280 for non-CoSIDA members, $195 for CoSIDA members and $195 for spouses, friends and children. These registration fees have held steady at the same price point for the last three years.
• Access the "Convention Central" webpage: http://cosida.com/workshops/convention12.aspx
• CoSIDA 2nd VP Shelley Poe (Auburn University) is coordinating the overall program for the St. Louis Convention. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact Poe at email@example.com.
• On June 24th there will be a session entitled “CoSIDA Today and Beyond” which will discuss various CoSIDA matters, including the CoSIDA Convention at NACDA in June of 2013. We would encourage you, if you are coming to the convention in St. Louis or not, to please read the FAQ document put together with regard to that event as we believe it will help answer many questions you might have. You can review that FAQ document HERE.
• PAY ANNUAL DUES FOR 2012-13: As of Feb. 1, CoSIDA members can pay for 2012-13 annual dues, and those dues will cover the period from purchase through September 15 of 2013. PLEASE NOTE: PAYING COSIDA CONVENTION REGISTRATION does NOT cover your dues payment – that is a separate payment/transaction. Link to the CoSIDA membership/dues page HERE.
• CoSIDA Special Awards, Capital One Special Awards Gala (Monday, June 25)
• The Capital One Special Awards Gala, featuring the Capital One Academic All-America Hall of Fame induction ceremony, will take place the evening of Monday, June 25, starting at 5:45 pm. ALL REGISTERED CONVENTION ATTENDEES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND (proper business formal dress is required).
• ESPN’s Rece Davis will once again serve as emcee of the Capital One Special Awards Gala, and the legendary Dick Enberg, a long-time supporter of CoSIDA’s Academic All-America program, will attend to personally present the 2012 Enberg Award. Prior to the Academic All-America® Hall of Fame induction ceremony that evening CoSIDA’s Jake Wade, Warren Berg, Arch Ward, Lester Jordan and Distinguished Service Awards will be presented. Capital One and the NCAA serve as sponsors.
The Capital One Academic All-America® Hall of Fame Class was announced on May 10. Newest inductees on June 25 will be: United States Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, a basketball co-captain at Harvard University; University of Oklahoma men’s basketball standout Alvan Adams; University of Notre Dame women’s basketball star Ruth Riley; University of Southern California swimming great John Naber; and Slippery Rock University soccer standout Dr. Todd Olsen. You can read more about these impressive former scholar-athletes and national leaders HERE.
• Tam Flarup (University of Wisconsin), Chair of the Special Awards Committee, and the Committee announced in late February the full slate of 2012 CoSIDA award winners. Please see this link for the 2012 Special Awards general announcement and schedule of features for each individual award recipient.
• On April 25th it was announced Joe Paterno will be posthumously honored with the 2012 Enberg Award. The Enberg Award has been presented since 1997 “for leadership in promoting the joint values of education and athletics.” Paterno’s son, Jay, will accept this award from Dick Enberg at the June 25th Capital One Special Awards Gala in St. Louis.
• Convention Social Schedule
Saturday, June 23: A “Kickoff Welcome Reception” will take place in the Exhibitor Hall area (6 p.m.)
Sunday, June 24: ESPN’s annual reception will be held at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, June 26: We will close the annual convention with a Farewell Party at Busch Stadium beginning at 6:15 p.m., and that event includes a special presentation to the CoSIDA membership by Baseball Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith. A behind-the-scenes tour of Busch Stadium also is available; see ticket info in the link above. Food/beverages will be served at the conclusion of “The Wizard’s” presentation. See information on Smith and the presentation announcement HERE.
• Special Award Recipients/Awards Luncheons & Capital One Special Awards Gala
Sunday, June 24: CoSIDA’s Kickoff Luncheon, and CoSIDA awards presented will be 25-Year, Rising Star, Trailblazer, Kenworthy and Keith Jackson honors. Sponsors are SIDEARM, ASAP Sports, NewTek, TRZ Sports/Teamline and Stat Crew.
Monday, June 25: CoSIDA Hall of Fame Luncheon where the Lifetime Achievement and Bill Esposito Awards will be presented along with the CoSIDA Hall of Fame inductions. Sponsors areTextCaster, FOX Sports Networks and Turner Sports.
Monday, June 25: Later that evening, the Capital One Special Awards Gala, featuring the Academic All-America Hall of Fame induction ceremony, will be held. ESPN’s Rece Davis will once again serve as emcee and the legendary Dick Enberg, a long-time supporter of CoSIDA’s Academic All-America® program, will attend to personally present the 2012 Enberg Award. Prior to dinner, CoSIDA’s Jake Wade, Warren Berg, Arch Ward, Distinguished Service Award and Lester Jordan awards will be presented. Following dinner, the Academic All-America® Hall of Fame induction ceremony takes place. Sponsors are Capital One and the NCAA.
Continuing Education Sessions
The following is a list of upcoming continuing education sessions. Links to the streamed audio, phone lines, and CoverItLive blog for each session will be posted on CoSIDA.com, CoSIDA's Twitter account and will be emailed to each CoSIDA member in advance.
You will be able to access the sessions via internet audio stream or phone line courtesy of TRZ Sports/ Teamline - CoSIDA’s official conference call provider - HERE. On CoSIDA.com, the CoverItLive blog will be archived after each session.
· Thursday: June 7
Discussion with Jim Carr, President and CEO of the NAIA
Time: 2:30-3:15 pm Eastern/1:30-2:15 pm Central/12:30-1:15 pm Mountain/11:30 am-12:15 pm Pacific
Discussion and Q&A session with Carr focusing on pertinent topics for NAIA sports communicators.
· Thursday: June 14
Making the most of your summertime hours
3-3:45 pm Eastern/2-2:45 pm Central/1-1:45 pm Mountain/Noon-12:45 pm Pacific
Presenters: Dave Walters (Guilford College/CoSIDA Board member) and selected NCAA II and NAIA SIDs TBA
This session is presented by the College Division Management Advisory Committee (CDMAC). Walters and other colleagues will assist you in preparing for an upcoming season and catching up on the past year by best utilizing your quieter summer office days.
On-Demand Availability of Continuing Ed Sessions
Did you miss an education session or want to review the material? Each educational session is available to CoSIDA members on-demand via audio archive, and a CoveritLive blog archive the night following each session via CoSIDA.com.
RECENT EDUCATION SESSIONS
May 3: Talking NCAA Statistics
Presenters: Jim Wright, Bonnie Johnson of the NCAA Statistics staff
Updates and news from the NCAA Statistics Department was presented along with a look ahead to new initiatives. A Q&A session also took place.
Please see links to the on-demand audio archive, ASAP Sports Fastscripts and the CoverItLive blog HERE.
May 17: NCAA Division I conversation with Vice President David Berst
Berst reviewed initiatives and topics pertinent to the DI membership and held a Q&A session. See on-demand materials (archived audio and the CoverItLive blog) HERE.
NCAA Division III conversation with Dan Dutcher, NCAA DIII Vice President and staff
NCAA Division II conversation with Mike Racy, NCAA DII Vice President
The VP's each presented a Powerpoint outlining pertinent topics of interest to the divisional members and also took questions. Please view the audio archive and the CoverItLive blog HERE.
• CoSIDA 3rd VP Eric McDowell (Union- N.Y.) coordinates our continuing education initiatives this year. If you have ideas in this regard or want to coordinate/moderate a specific session, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jim Carr, NAIA President/CEO
, will hold a conference call with the NAIA-SIDA membership on June 7th as referenced above in the continuing education section.
The NAIA-SIDA Board
had a conference call on May 10. President Jay Stancil (Union College- KY)
reports that Kristin Gillett of the NAIA national office
spoke, detailing her presentation on the Champions of Character program and how it relates/applies to the SID in the NAIA. She plans to give a detailed presentation to help show how the school and conference SIDs can work with the NAIA to help promote this program.
The group also finalized details on the NAIA-SIDA Workshop program – set for June 22 at Harris-Stowe State University with Eric Smith (Taylor)
finalizing all the presenters. There will be a round-table discussion instead of breakout sessions with topics to include ‘Making the website work for you,’ ‘Veteran SID shortcuts,’ and ‘Creatively getting help for your department.’ There will also be a media training session during the divisional meeting schedule at the CoSIDA Convention on Saturday, June 23. Blake Timm (Pacific-Ore.)
will also speak to NAIA-SIDA on behalf of the CDMAC. The group’s next Board call is June 6.
• CoSIDA’s NCAA Championships/Alliances Advisory Board
will meet during the St. Louis Convention. They last met via teleconference on April 19 for a quarterly meeting. Topics discussed included multimedia availability for the Division II Spring Sports Festival, term limits for current Board members, generating story ideas for NCAA.com, and NCAA Championship programs, including digital-vs.-printed and opportunities for SIDs to proof copy.
The NCAA has tentative plans to start a monthly Championships/Alliances newsletter for SIDs with such information as webcasts, selection shows, deadlines, etc. CoSIDA members of the Advisory Board are: Ann King (The Sage Colleges), Chad Jackson (Armstrong Atlantic), Dennis Jezek (Barry), Jim McGrath (Butler), Kennan Timm (UW-Oshkosh), Mark Adkins (Norwich), Mary Howard (Florida), Todd Lamb (Southland Conference), Tom McGuire (Bloomsburg) and Will Roleson (CoSIDA staff liaison)
. Mark Bedics is the NCAA's liaison
, with other NCAA staff involved.
• During the course of May the NCAA staff was involved in four CoSIDA continuing education conference calls. Jim Wright and Bonnie Johnson from the NCAA Statistics Department
conducted a membership-wide conference call on May 3, David Berst, NCAA Division I Vice President
held a conference call with CoSIDA’s DI membership on May 17. Division II VP Mike Racy
conferenced with CoSIDA’s DII membership on May 31 and DIII VP Dan Dutcher
conferenced with DIII membership the same day along with Louise McCleary (DIII Governance)
and consultant Jack Copeland
CoSIDA’s leadership continues to have the opportunity to discuss our organization and profession via a “CoSIDA Corner” column that is published in each issue of NACDA’s Athletics Administration Magazine. The next CoSIDA Corner will appear in the June issue and will be posted on CoSIDA.com when available.
The most recent column, appearing the April 2012 issue was written by Eric McDowell (Union College - N.Y.), CoSIDA 3rd Vice President
and can be found HERE
. The column, entitled "SAAC and the athletics communications professionals: A partnership of promotion," focuses on CoSIDA's work with national and on-campus Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) initiatives. (There was no May edition of the magazine.)
The NACDA magazine, which is published in October, November, December, February, March, April, June and August, is sent to more than 10,000 university and athletics administrators. That, combined with the exposure that CoSIDA receives via NACDA’s daily email blast, provides CoSIDA incredible exposure, something that was not the case prior to CoSIDA’s partnership agreement with NACDA that was agreed to in Dec. of 2008..
A “transition team” is in place to deal with various management and organizational matters associated with CoSIDA Convention becoming part of the NACDA convention in June 2013 in Orlando. The organizational team includes Joe Hornstein (Florida International- CoSIDA 1st VP), Shelley Poe (Auburn- CoSIDA 2nd VP), Eric McDowell (Union College- N.Y., CoSIDA 3rd VP), Nick Joos (Baylor- CoSIDA Past President), Julie Work (NACDA Associate Director), Kevin Keys (Liberty), Anne Abicht (St. Cloud State), Ann King (The Sage Colleges)
and CoSIDA staff members Barb Kowal, Will Roleson
and John Humenik
. Representing NACDA on the team are Senior Associate Executive Director Pat Manak
and Assistant Executive Director Julie Work
That group continues to update and refine a CoSIDA/NACDA Convention “Frequently Asked Questions” document to address numerous questions associated with the 2013 convention. We strongly urge all members to review the FAQ HERE
• On May 16, John Humenik and Barb Kowal
forwarded along the latest monthly edition of “Communications Watch for Today’s AD” to Dutch Baughman, Executive Director of Division 1-A Athletic Directors Association
. Since October of 2010 this e-newsletter, adapted from CoSIDA’s weekly “Communications Watch” for our membership, has been put together specifically for AD’s to stay abreast of topics regarding strategic communications, crisis planning and communications, trends, surveys so that today’s AD’s can better stay abreast of the many communications based issues and challenges facing collegiate athletics.
• DII-SIDA President Greg Goings
coordinated a Board call for that leadership group on May 15. Goings' minutes from that meeting can be accessed HERE
• Access the Academic All-America master schedule for nomination deadlines/team announcements, the AAA Committee list of chairs, vice-chairs and district representatives and the district nominating/voting maps for all four divisions.
• Check CoSIDA.com for the latest Capital One Academic All-District and Academic All-America® information. We remind everyone that you must be a member of CoSIDA to nominate your deserving student-athletes and vote on the Academic All-District ballots.
If you have questions regarding the nomination criteria for the AAA program, or other questions relating to the awards program, please click HERE and closely review the information page and FAQ document on the CoSIDA website which we believe will address your question.
• The Board and Academic All-America® Committee leadership remind CoSIDA members that CoSIDA's "Academic All-America®"mark is federally registered. As such, CoSIDA members must help the Board and AAA Committee monitor the wrongful use of this registered trademark. If you see any other organizations, including coaching associations, using this registered trademark, immediately contact CoSIDA Executive Director John Humenik (email@example.com) or Academic All-America Committee member Dick Lipe (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will have our legal counsel, Collegiate Images, follow up with a letter regarding infringement of our federally registered mark and they will be asked to "cease and desist" from future use of that mark.
Many times during the year we find that our own membership is using "Academic All-America®" in releases that they prepare for student-athletes receiving academic achievement awards from other organizations - when in fact those organizations refer to their awards as "All-Academic," "Scholar-Athlete," "Academic All-Star," etc. We remind CoSIDA members to be cognizant of only using "Academic All-America®" in relation to CoSIDA's Capital One partnership program. There are NO exceptions and you should make sure your administrative staff and coaches understand that they do not have the right to take another award that is being presented for combined academic/athletic excellence by coach’s associations or other organizations and change it to “Academic All-America®” instead of its appropriate title given by that awarding organization.
During the month of May, 30 CoSIDA-based stories appeared on NACDA’s Daily Review email blast
. There were 22 Daily Review emails during the month. Through the Daily Review email, thousands of university and athletics administrators are exposed to professional and organizational news. This outreach primarily came about due to CoSIDA’s decision in December 2008 to become an affiliated partner within the NACDA organizational umbrella.
Also in May, three CoSIDA-based features/stories were featured on NCAA.com websites and circulated a total of four times on the NCAA Daily News Direct email blast.
In May, 47 articles were posted on CoSIDA.com
. The CoSIDA Twitter page
had 210 tweets/postings, all of them of an informative nature with breaking news and timely topics for athletic communication professionals.
The CoSIDA LinkedIn group
continues to attract members and the group now totals 1,289 members and is actively holding discussions, soliciting final convention panelists and sharing articles and videos of interest to athletic communicators.
This spring, email marketing service provider Constant Contact
recognized CoSIDA’s email marketing efforts with a “Constant Contact All Star Award” – an award which recognizes the small business and nonprofit organizations that are finding great success with their marketing efforts. This award is given to the top 10 percent customers of Constant Contact’s 550,000+ customers.
CoSIDA’s email marketing program, developed by Executive Director John Humenik and Director of External Affairs Barb Kowal and managed and coordinated by Kowal since its inception, was singled out for consistently high open rates (greater than 25%), click-through rates and low bounce rates; making regular contact with CoSIDA’s audience; sending at least three surveys or publishing at least three events in the last year; using social media tools to share and promote content and events; and regularly viewing CoSIDA reports to review email marketing efforts. This indicates that this email communications tool used by the CoSIDA leadership is effective, for both dissemination of information and for the corporate sponsors who support CoSIDA’s email marketing initiatives. Thanks to the membership for being engaged and receptive to this CoSIDA communication tool and helping CoSIDA be a leader among non-profit organizations in its email efforts.
• CoSIDA Survey results: The state of crisis communications in college athletics
Nearly 160 CoSIDA members responded to the survey, conducted in January/February. See the findings HERE. The data from this survey, written and coordinated by Chris Syme, Chair of the New Media/Technology Committee and committee members, suggests that many university athletic departments are inadequately prepared to deploy multiple communications channels, including social media, as needed in a crisis. Departments might consider reviewing the information here and implementing the five best practices listed at the end of the survey summary. Syme will speak on the survey at the St. Louis Convention when she and Dr. Bill Smith (Northwestern State)
hold their June 26th panel discussion "Social Media 2.0: How social media can help in a crisis."
• Clay Stoldt, Chair of the Sports Management Program at Wichita State and a former SID at that school, worked with Barb Kowal and John Humenik to complete his survey/study with our CoSIDA membership on the growing use of social media in college athletics. That survey concluded in mid-January after being circulated four times to the membership via email and four times via the weekly Communications Watch email. Thanks to the 500-plus CoSIDA members who participated in the survey. Stoldt will present his findings at the St. Louis Convention on June 25 during a presentation entitled "Impact of new and social media on college athletic communications." The presentation also features Derrick Docket (Missouri Valley Conference), Murray Evans (Oklahoma Christian) and Susan Lax (Kentucky). At a later date, Stoldt also will provide a summary of his research to CoSIDA’s membership.
• Joe Moore, a former SID at Central Missouri who now teaches in that school’s Department of Communications, completed his dissertation on “Influence in the Collegiate Sports PR Community.” CoSIDA’s Board of Directors and its various leadership groups agreed to work with Moore on this project at the 2010 San Francisco Convention.
The completed project, which included interviews with CoSIDA’s Board, divisional leadership groups and participation by nearly 300 CoSIDA members, was provided by John Humenik to the CoSIDA Board of Directors and the various divisional leadership presidents/chairs in December. Moore is preparing a survey on this topic which he will provide to athletic directors. Moore also is attending the St. Louis Convention and presenting his findings on June 24 during the "Table Topics" session. An executive summary of the report will be produced by Moore/Humenik and provided to the CoSIDA membership in the future.
CoSIDA’s fund raising organizational team for the 2012 convention and 2012-13 academic year has completed the process and its efforts resulted in a CoSIDA record for annual sponsorship support. For the upcoming fiscal year, more than $500,000 was raised. Since CoSIDA brought an Executive Director onboard in March of 2008, organizational fund-raising/sponsorships have grown by nearly 160 percent and sponsorship monies, not including the Academic All-America® sponsorship rights fee, have grown by more than 400 percent.
The team of CoSIDA Vice Presidents Joe Hornstein (Florida International) and Shelley Poe (Auburn)
along with Larry Dougherty (Temple), Justin Doherty (Wisconsin), Nick Joos (Baylor), John Paquette (Big East), Joe Browning (UNC-Wilmington), Kent Brown (Illinois), Dave Wohlhueter, Jeff Hodges, Barb Kowal, Will Roleson
and John Humenik
personally contacted more than 120 firms/organizations with regard to their support.
During early May the following groups pledged sponsorship support for the convention and/or upcoming year; NewTek ($12,500- Philip Nelson/Steven Paulsen), Orange Bowl ($5000- Eric Poms/Larry Wahl), Jostens / MTM Recognition ($1750- Cory Beltz), American Baseball Coaches Association ($500- Dave Keiltz) and Women’s Basketball Coaches Association ($500- Beth Bass/Jack Watford).
Those early May additions brought to 57 the total number of groups who have stepped forward in support of CoSIDA for the convention and/or the upcoming academic year. CoSIDA’s leadership kindly ask that you take some time to drop these folks a thank you note for their support which helps CoSIDA to keep the convention registration fee at $195, a fee that is $130 lower than any other convention in intercollegiate athletics. You can access that sponsorship directory HERE
(click link under the top set of sponsor logos).
By level of support, here is the complete sponsor list:
Platinum Plus Sponsors:
Capital One (Byron Daub) and NCAA (Bob Williams, Erik Christianson, Mike Racy and Dan Dutcher)
SIDEARM (Jeff Rubin)
Diamond Level Sponsors:
ESPN (Josh Krulewitz, Rachel Margolis), ASAP Sports (Jeri Gargano), TextCaster (Rob Sweeney and Mike Sadler)
Gold Level Sponsor:
NewTek (Philip Nelson/Steven Paulsen)
Silver Level Sponsors:
NFL (Greg Aiello and Corry Rush), Stat Crew (Rob Schupler/ Monica Pellman), TRZ Sports (Tom Zawistowski and Josh Mathus)
Bronze Level Sponsors:
Orange Bowl (Eric Poms/Larry Wahl), Rose Bowl Game (Gina Chappin), Fiesta Bowl (Andy Bagnato), Sugar Bowl, (John Sudsbury), Heisman Trophy (Rob Whalen and Tim Henning), Turner Sports (Sal Petruzzi), FOX Sports Networks (Chris Hannan/ Chris Bellitti)
$3500 Sponsor Level:
XOS Digital (Chris Kesicke/Gregg Brandon), Populous (Jeanette Johnson), Sports Systems (Brian Binette )
$1750 Sponsor Level:
Provations Group (Jai Giffin), Jostens/MTM Recognition (Cory Beltz)
$1000 Sponsor Level:
NCAA Football (Bret Krift), Football Bowl Association (Charlie Fiss), Football Writers Association of America (Steve Richardson), Lott Trophy (Pete Donovan), BFish Inc. (Tim Simmons), Front Row Marketing (Chris Lencheski), Wuerffel Trophy (John Watts), PlayUp (Dennis Lee), USA Basketball (Craig Miller)
$750 Sponsor Level:
Big 12 Conference (Bob Burda), AFCA (Grant Teaff /Vince Thompson), National Football Foundation (Steve Hatchell/Matt Sign)
$500 Sponsor Level:
SEC (Charles Bloom), Big Ten Conference (Diane Dietz), Colonial Athletic Association (Tom Yeager), Missouri Valley Conference (Doug Elgin), College Press Box.com (Ted Gangi), Alamo Bowl (Rick Hill), Awards Recognition Association (Dave Bergeson), Licensing Resource Group (Lewis Hardy), ACC (Michael Kelley), Horizon League (Bill Benner), Paul Hornung Award (Karl Schmitt), USBWA (Joe Mitch), Big East Conference (John Paquette), Cotton Bowl (Charlie Fiss), Big Ten Network (Elizabeth Conlisk), Sporting News (Laura Dantzler), Pac-12 Conference (Dave Hirsch) and Lindy’s Sports Publications (Lindy Davis), Conference USA (Courtney Morrison-Archer), National Fastpitch Coaches Association (Lacy Lee Baker), National Basketball Coaches Association (Jim Haney/Rick Leddy), American Baseball Coaches Association (Dave Keiltz), Women's Basketball Coaches Association (Beth Bass/Jack Watford).
• St. Louis Convention Exhibitors
Twenty-three (23) exhibitors, including CoSIDA sponsors ASAP Sports, ESPN, NewTek,
Sports Systems, Stat Crew, SIDEARM and TextCaster, will be in St. Louis.
You can access the full 2012 Exhibitor Directory HERE
The following companies/sponsors have CoSIDA "official provider" recognition for the balance of the 2012-13 academic year.
Capital One - Entitlement rights holder for CoSIDA's Academic All-America® program
SIDEARM - Official provider of CoSIDA's website (including Academic All-America online nomination and selection system, Career Center, Online Directory, awards and online membership systems)
ASAP Sports - CoSIDA's official instant transcripts provider
TextCaster - CoSIDA's official and exclusive text messaging services provider and partner
NewTek - CoSIDA's official continuing education video production provider
TRZ Sports/Teamline - CoSIDA's official teleconference call provider
Sports Systems - CoSIDA's official online convention registration provider
Populous - CoSIDA's official convention registration badge printer and provider
XOS Digital - CoSIDA's official legal services provider for the Academic All-America® program
• The new membership period for 2012-13 began on February 1. For those who want to renew or for those who want to join CoSIDA, if you renew after Feb. 1, 2012, your membership period covers you through September 15, 2013. If you have a 2011-12 CoSIDA membership, that membership is active though September 15, 2012. See more details and how to join or renew HERE. (A $30.00 late fee will be accessed if dues are paid after Sept. 15; there are exceptions to this, found at the link above. Any first-time CoSIDA member and any professional who is in transition or changing jobs after Sept. 15 will pay only the regular membership fees.) Dues are $115.00 (active members), $125 (associate members) and $35 (students/interns).
Please remember: you must be a current CoSIDA member to nominate for - and vote on - Capital One Academic All-America® All-District Team honors. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact Will Roleson (email@example.com), CoSIDA’s Director of Internal Operations.
CoSIDA E-Directory information
• For those who have moved into a new position or who have had staff changes recently are reminded to update their personal and/or organizational CoSIDA E-Directory information. There is an online directory and a PDF version of the directory. You can access your information and update it and/or request custodial status of your organization's account so you can update staff and organizational information, pay dues online, etc., by going HERE. Questions? Please contact Will Roleson, CoSIDA Director of Internal Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Access the updated calendar of events/deadlines for the June 1-August 31 period HERE
. We encourage all members to review this closely so you are aware of important dates and deadlines.