February 7 2011
SAVE THE DATE! Feb. 16th membership conference call: Be Your Own Media ... In Real Time
UPDATE: Conference call/webcast materials are NOW AVAILABLE under the header "Links, Materials for the Call" below/
There are three ways to access and follow the call - via TRZ Communications audio stream via a phone line and via ASAP Sports Webscripts real-time transcript service. DETAILS BELOW.
What to submit a question? On Feb. 16, log onto the CoverItLive blog, follow the discussion and ask your questions. Or, submit them early to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, February 16
CoSIDA Teleconference: Be Your Own Media ... In Real Time
As part of its continuing education outreach for CoSIDA members, CoSIDA is presenting this upcoming webcast/conference call on trends in digital communications.
Focus on new communications trends via social media; reporting real-time news in real-time channels; and building your organization's reputation and addressing crisis using these social media/real-time channels.
• Date: Wednesday, February 16
• Time: 12:30 p.m. Eastern/11:30 a.m. Central/10:30 a.m. Mountain/9:30 a.m. Pacific
• Melanie Moran, Vanderbilt University News Service Associate Director and University Web Communications Director
• Chris Syme, former Montana State University sports information director and head of CoSIDA's New Media/Technology Committee.
• Moderator: Shelly Poe, Ohio State University Director of Athletic Communications
CoSIDA corporate partners provide audio stream, phone lines and real-time transcripts
With our corporate partner TRZ Communications
, the Official CoSIDA Teleconference Call Provider, listeners will access TRZ's Teamline site for access to this webcast.
, CoSIDA's Official Instant Transcript Provider, will provide a real-time Webscripts® of
the conference call. Listeners can follow, in real-time, the discussion via this Webscripts® page:
. Following the call, an archive of this ASAP Sports Webscripts® will be posted online and sent to all CoSIDA members. To access the Webscripts, you need to have your web browser Java-script enabled.
Vanderbilt University recently raised eyebrows for announcing their new football coach's identity first on Facebook. Melanie Moran, associate director of the Vanderbilt News Service and director of University Web Communications
, will describe the strategy behind that approach, the details of its execution, the results, coordination between the university and at! hletics communications offices, and how this effort fits into Vanderbi lt's overall social media and digital communications strategy.
Chris Syme, former Montana State University SID and head of CoSIDA's New Media/Technology Committee,
will present strategies and tactics for adopting a real-time news and reputation management mindset. The session includes the use of social media and organizational collaboration to build an effective real-time news cycle. Syme will also include important strategies for reputation recovery using real-time media in a time of crisis.
LINKS, MATERIALS FOR THE CALL
ASAP Sports Webscripts® (real-time transcript during call- will be actived 20 minutes prior to Feb. 16 call)
BE YOUR OWN MEDIA ... IN REAL TIME
BE YOUR OWN MEDIA ... IN REAL TIME
• Vanderbilt multi-media YouTube Video
Vanderbilt multi-media communications support and involvement from university central for athletics. The university News Service video team created a recruiting video that was used by Vanderbilt officials during the coach search. Parts of that video were used in Day O
• Vanderbilt announces the football head coaching hire via the Vanderbilt Facebook
• Football Head Coach James Franklin's website page
. Lives on main Vanderbilt Web presence rather than solely on Athletics site. Built and managed by university Web communications.
• Twitter hashtag #VUAllIn
, suggested by fan, used to pull content into Coach website and keep buzz alive on Twitter. Has spread beyond football: http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23VUAllIn
• Cover of Vanderbilt's monthly faculty and staff magazine
• Staying engaged: Continuing to cover Coach Franklin as an institution to further illustrate message of a new day for Vanderbilt Football. Behind-the-scenes video of signing day "war room"
• Vanderbilt Facebook screen shot from football coaching announcement, press conference video (right)
TO ACCESS THE CONFERENCE
TRZ Communications/Teamline will present this call.
1. To listen online (via streaming audio), go to: http://www.teamline.cc/teampage?teamcode=1184 ... go to the blue "Click here to listen link" to launch the audio.
2. To listen via phone, dial 216-502-3200 and enter code: 1184.
3. ASAP Sports Webscripts® real-time transcript - follow along during the discussion
4. A CoverItLive blog will be provided for this webcast; that link is TBA. You can ask real-time questions and provide commentary to the presenters through this blog.
5. Question for the presenters?
- Please submit your questions in advance to Barb Kowal, CoSIDA Director of External Affairs (email@example.com
) and questions will be forwarded to the appropriate presenter. You also may email your questions during the conference call to that email address or via the CoverItLive blog.
f you cannot listen live, the conference call will be archived on CoSIDA.com and available for playback on Thursday morning, Feb. 17.
TRZ Communications will record this session and provide a link on CoSIDA.com for playback purposes. You may check here for teleconference login details: http://www.teamline.cc/sportpage?teamcode=1184&eventcode=59
The ASAP Sports Webscripts®
also will be archived immediately following the call.