2013 CoSIDA Convention (Orlando, Fla.)
Thanks to the following sponsors for their generous support of the 2012 CoSIDA Convention
Platinum Plus Corporate Support Level Sponsors
Platinum and Diamond and Gold Support Level Sponsors
• 2013-14 Sponsor Directory PDF
World Center Marriott Resort, Orlando, Fla.
Wednesday-Saturday, June 12-15
• Convention Online Preregistration & Hotel Reservations
• CoSIDA preregistration closed May 10. On-site registration will take place in Orlando beginning June 12 at the Palms Registration area at the Marriott World Center.
• CoSIDA'S WORLD CENTER MARRIOTT ROOM BLOCK SOLD OUT for June 11-14 - See link ABOVE for overflow hotel information.
Convention Programming & Social Events Schedule
• NEW THIS YEAR! CoSIDA Family Committee Weekend Special Registration
• NACDA & Affiliates Convention webpage
(see Convention master schedule/affiliate agendas HERE)
• CoSIDA Annual 5K Fun Run/Walk & volunteer activities with the Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida. Details below.
• Special #cosida13 Promotions
Mears airport/hotel shuttle service [r/t shuttle discount from airport to hotel and back for Convention attendees]
United Airlines flight discount [discounted rates for travel to Orlando (MCO) Airport for the 2013 Convention Week]
Orlando Theme Park Discounts
Click the link above which is for all those attending the 2013 COSIDA and NACDA & Affiliates Convention (June 6 deadline for ticket purchases)
Discounts at Marriott World Center's Hawks Landing Golf Resort
Registration & Room Reservations
Preregistration IS CLOSED.
• Onsite Registration
Takes place June 12-13 at the World Center Marriott in the Palms Registration area (follow signs to CoSIDA's convention wing). CoSIDA will have its own onsite registration area in Orlando. Late registration fees: $325 for non-CoSIDA members, $225 for CoSIDA members and $225 each for spouses, friends and children. Registration hours are listed in the Convention schedule.
World Center Marriott Hotel Reservations
CoSIDA room block SOLD OUT at the World Center and CoSIDA attendees may now book at the Caribe Royale All-Suite Hotel.
Caribe Royale Hotel is the fourth overflow hotel for the Convention. They are accepting reservations for June 8-17. Suite rooms are available at a rate of $159.00 per night.
A one night's room and tax deposit is required at the time of booking; please be advised that this deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE
Make your Caribe Royale All-Suite Hotel reservations utilizing this link:
NOTE: This hotel is right down the road from the Marriott World Center, so there is no complimentary shuttle from this property to the Marriott. THERE WILL BE a complimentary shuttle for CoSIDA/NACDA attendees from the overflow Marriott Village properties listed below.
The first. second and third overflow hotels (Courtyard Orlando Lake Buena Vista, Spring Hill Suites at Lake Buena Vista, both in the Marriott Village; and Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott Village) reached the sellout level. These three hotels are next to each other and are a five-minute drive from the World Center Marriott.
** Round-trip complimentary shuttle service from the Courtyard Marriott Village, Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inn & Suites to the CoSIDA Convention site at the World Center Marriott will be provided.
View the shuttle schedule
PLEASE NOTE: CoSIDA's online registration portal is separate from the NACDA & Affiliates online registration. CoSIDA members need to register for the convention and reserve hotel rooms via the CoSIDA links above and not via the NACDA.com convention site.
- CoSIDA's preregistration rate is a flat fee and was not be subject to “early bird” discounts, even though the NACDA and Affiliates attendees will have early bird discounts and a tiered refund structure.
What do I get for my Convention registration?
CoSIDA registration rates include one entrance/ticket to Capital One Academic All-America Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (June 12), CoSIDA Welcome/Kickoff Reception (June 12), CoSIDA Hall of Fame Luncheon (June 13), joint social event with NACDA membership (June 13), CoSIDA Special Awards Luncheon (June 14), CoSIDA Farewell Party (June 15); entrance to all CoSIDA-sponsored programming; and entrance to programming at the NACDA & Affiliates Convention which is designated as "open to all attendees"
CoSIDA Family Committee Weekend Special Registration
Family Committee Weekend Special Registration
(CoSIDA member spouse/family: $50.00 adult, $25.00 children 17 and under)
• This special registration benefits families with children who are in school in early June and cannot attend the entire week. This registration will allow access to the convention for Friday and Saturday, June 15-16. and includes access to the ESPN Farewell Party on June 16. It will also provide access to purchase the special Family Committee events that include round trip bus transportation for Friday’s outlet shopping trip, Friday’s Downtown Disney Dinner specials with other families, and the Saturday Disney Character Breakfast.
• Detailed Family Committee Activities & Events HERE
• See the CoSIDA Family Committee - Orlando 2013 Facebook page
• See also: CoSIDA’s new Family Committee announces news and activities for 2013 Convention
• Downtown Disney information
CoSIDA Goodwill/Wellness Committee Activities & Community Service Events
There is a full slate of events taking place to help benefit this year’s charity, the Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida
, the largest provider of homeless services in the area.
Full details on all ‘CoSIDA Cares’ events and the annual Goodwill Committee meeting at the convention can be found here.
• CoSIDA 5K Fun Run/Walk (Thursday, June 13)
6 a.m. at the Hawks Landing Golf Course located on the hotel’s grounds
Registration fee: $10 per participant or $20 for a family of three or more. All of the proceeds will go to the Coalition for the Homeless. All participants will need to sign a waiver before participating. Pre-register: To help the committee plan for the 5K fun run/walk, please pre-register via email to Sam Atkinson at email@example.com with your name, school and how many participants.
• Donation drive for Orlando Coalition for the Homeless
Donations of clothing and toiletries will be collected at the Goodwill Committee table during registration on Wednesday, June 12, from 1:30-4:45 p.m. in the Palms Registration area. Monetary donations also accepted. More information HERE.
• CoSIDA annual service project
Convention attendees, who sign up, will go to the Coalition for the Homeless on Saturday, June 15, to volunteer their time from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. We will help staff the Coalition for the Homeless “Water Day/Play Day” for the children at the shelter. More information HERE.
• CoSIDA/NACDA Partnership
- View the current Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document PDF doc
- June 29, 2012: CoSIDA/NACDA partnership frequently asked questions and transition team
• Why attend the 2013 CoSIDA Convention?
- Check here to see reasons to attend! PDF doc
Silver Support Level Sponsors
• Special Convention announcements & releases
Nov. 15, 2012: 2013 CoSIDA Convention during NACDA & Affiliates Convention Week to feature productivity and employee performance expert Laura Stack as a keynote speaker
Feb. 13, 2013: Communications specialist Richard Dufresne to speak as a headline presenter at 2013 Convention
Feb. 26, 2013: CoSIDA Special Awards announced
March 5, 2013: Mike Krzyzewski named recipient of CoSIDA's 2013 Dick Enberg Award
March 19, 2013: CoSIDA welcomes "America's Nutrition Leader" Zonya Foco to the 2013 Convention
April 3, 2013: CoSIDA Convention Goodwill and Wellness Events listed; annual 5K fun run/walk and community service project to benefit Orlando Coalition for the Homeless highlight the outreach
May 1, 2013: Final days to register for 2013 CoSIDA Convention and reserve your hotel room!
May 1, 2013: World renowned author, writer & instructor Roy Peter Clark to speak at CoSIDA Convention
• Sponsor & Exhibitor information
Want to become a CoSIDA corporate partner? See information HERE
Become a 2013 Convention exhibitor PDF
Bronze Level Sponsors
2012 CoSIDA Convention (St. Louis, Mo.)
Resources from 2012 Convention
• Convention panel and session materials, presentations, powerpoints & handouts HERE
• Convention in review: via blogs and on-demand information HERE
Future Convention Sites
2014: World Center Marriott Resort, Orlando, Fla.
2015: World Center Marriott Resort, Orlando, Fla.
2016: Hilton Anatole Hotel, Dallas, Tex.